Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26

Thread: DOSF is still showing up as a deceptive site

  1. #1
    Fledgling Footsniffer beep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    83

    DOSF is still showing up as a deceptive site

    Had any luck fixing it yet?

  2. #2
    Fledgling Footsniffer
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    35
    Yeah it has been happening to me for quite a while it sucks.

  3. #3
    Fledgling Footsniffer
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    49
    It doesn't show up as such on my phone, but does on my PC.

  4. #4
    Silent but Deadly
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    691
    Someone is trolling us. To fix this we have to counter reported it. I've done it on my end. The warning page itself gives you the option of calling it false. Just type in the url and hit submit.

    Unfortunately it isn't something a mod can fix.

  5. #5
    Administrator ergleburgle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    2,466
    They're fast enough to add you to these fucking lists, but take months to get you off them.

    At this rate, I'll have the new server and domain name up and running before it's ever fixed.
    Every thought you produce, anything you say, any action you do, it bears your signature.
    -- Thich Nhat Hanh

  6. #6
    God Of Footsniffing
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,472
    Double post.
    Last edited by FootTimes; 07-12-2017 at 12:19 PM.

  7. #7
    God Of Footsniffing
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,472
    I just came across this, and wondering if it has a anything to do with this? Even if not there's a resolution just in case if this gas rolled into the site. This impacts sit's that use WordPress.

    Keylogger Found on Nearly 5,500 Infected WordPress Sites.

    https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/new...rdpress-sites/
    Last edited by FootTimes; 07-12-2017 at 12:44 PM.

  8. #8
    Fledgling Footsniffer beep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    83
    Jeez, I hope this issue gets fixed soon. It's been almost half a year and this site is still false-flagged as deceptive.

  9. #9
    Fledgling Footsniffer beep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    83
    I came here today and for the first time in months it wasn't giving me the deceptive site error. Is it fixed for or everyone or is it just me?

    Edit: Just went back a page and I just randomly got the error again. Weird.
    Last edited by beep; 26-02-2018 at 05:25 PM.

  10. #10
    God Of Footsniffing sacurason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,445
    It's still only on specific machines for me. A couple of my machines that were throwing the error no long do so, but my Dell laptop still does. *shrug*
    "It's an indulgence to sit in a room and discuss your beliefs as if they were a juicy piece of gossip." -Heinlein

  11. #11
    God Of Footsniffing Kharth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    America
    Posts
    1,754
    It doesn't do it on my iPhone but does on my windows desktop using Google Canary.

  12. #12
    Fledgling Footsniffer At My Neighbors Feet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    55
    I don't know what you did, but it's GREAT to be able to access this forum again

    Now to go do some catching up, especially on the stories section
    The neighborhood girls found out a secret about their naughty neighbor,
    now they’re using it to tease, torment and abuse him.

  13. #13
    Apprentice Footsniffer TheBurningEmu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    224
    Finally fixed for me as well. Thank god!
    Everyone is equal, some are just more equal than others

  14. #14
    Fledgling Footsniffer beep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    83
    It hasn't been doing it for me anymore. Though lately I've been getting the "invalid url" error when signing in. Thankfully that doesn't actually prevent me from signing in.

    Quote Originally Posted by At My Neighbors Feet View Post
    I don't know what you did, but it's GREAT to be able to access this forum again

    Now to go do some catching up, especially on the stories section
    You already could. You just had to had to look for the link that said "ignore the risk" so you could enter the site anyway.

  15. #15
    Fledgling Footsniffer At My Neighbors Feet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by beep View Post
    You already could. You just had to had to look for the link that said "ignore the risk" so you could enter the site anyway.
    Even if I clicked on the "ignore the risk" link, I still couldn't access the forum. I would just get a different error page
    The neighborhood girls found out a secret about their naughty neighbor,
    now they’re using it to tease, torment and abuse him.

  16. #16
    Administrator ergleburgle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    2,466
    Well, it's taken almost a bloody year, but I think they've taken us off the list. (I don't want to get TOO optimistic - we've been here, before...)

    A small information update:

    We will shortly be moving to a new domain and a new server. I did sign a contract with a hosting company but they have since indicated that they don't wish to host an adult-oriented website unless we buy an ".xxx" domain, which I refused, because DOSF is not a pornography site and I am not going to allow it to be moved to the top-shelf in the newsagent, so to speak.

    I have lined up an alternative company who is happy to host the site on a ".com" domain and the cost is comparable, so once the "unfinished business" with the first host is concluded, I will sign up with them.

    I have already registered the new domain, the name of which I will release once there is actually a server behind it.

    The likelihood is that the old database will be deleted - but please, don't worry for the time being - nothing will happen without there being lots of notice and right now, no dates are scheduled... but it's worth bearing in mind, when we move we'll be starting again afresh.
    Every thought you produce, anything you say, any action you do, it bears your signature.
    -- Thich Nhat Hanh

  17. #17
    Apprentice Footsniffer OneAuthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    426
    Thanks for the info and the heads up about the database being deleted, Ergle. That will hopefully give a chance for certain threads to be migrated to the new database when the time comes.
    Feet dreams are made of stink

  18. #18
    Fledgling Footsniffer
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by ergleburgle View Post
    The likelihood is that the old database will be deleted - but please, don't worry for the time being - nothing will happen without there being lots of notice and right now, no dates are scheduled... but it's worth bearing in mind, when we move we'll be starting again afresh.
    Does that mean we get to rehash the same old discussion topics?

  19. #19
    God Of Footsniffing sacurason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,445
    Quote Originally Posted by ergleburgle View Post
    Well, it's taken almost a bloody year, but I think they've taken us off the list. (I don't want to get TOO optimistic - we've been here, before...)

    A small information update:

    We will shortly be moving to a new domain and a new server. I did sign a contract with a hosting company but they have since indicated that they don't wish to host an adult-oriented website unless we buy an ".xxx" domain, which I refused, because DOSF is not a pornography site and I am not going to allow it to be moved to the top-shelf in the newsagent, so to speak.

    I have lined up an alternative company who is happy to host the site on a ".com" domain and the cost is comparable, so once the "unfinished business" with the first host is concluded, I will sign up with them.

    I have already registered the new domain, the name of which I will release once there is actually a server behind it.

    The likelihood is that the old database will be deleted - but please, don't worry for the time being - nothing will happen without there being lots of notice and right now, no dates are scheduled... but it's worth bearing in mind, when we move we'll be starting again afresh.
    Well done!!!
    "It's an indulgence to sit in a room and discuss your beliefs as if they were a juicy piece of gossip." -Heinlein

  20. #20
    Apprentice Footsniffer
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    369
    Maybe I sound dumb, but can we backup this server? There are many stories, discussions, pictures etc that are going to get lost

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •