Thread: Plans for a "Like" feature?

Fledgling Footsniffer

Plans for a "Like" feature?

Before I get sidetracked I just wanted to throw this out there. I'm not sure if this has been discussed previously. I belong to 2 other forums (non sexual related) and one of the features of benefit is the ability to easily "like" a post. I feel there are many members who frequently lurk around but rarely post or reply (myself included). Sometime even a great post will have hundreds of views but no responses. A "like" feature easily clicked could encourage members to at least be somewhat involved without engaging at all or committing to time consuming conversation when they are checking out foot content instead of working. 🤓.

Just food for though.

God Of Footsniffing
    There is a thread tool called rate this thread. It's not post specific but provides star ratings for each thread posted.

Fledgling Footsniffer
    Thanks for pointing that out. I've never even noticed that before at all. And I've been a regular visitor to this site since 99'ish. (I had to create a new username 2 yrs ago)

I'm not a fan of this, generally... hitting a "like" button is a shortcut. That said, I know what you're getting at and I agree that it could be a way to "coax" uncommunicative members into participating at least a little... I just fear that it might end up doing more harm than good. Traffic here is pretty light at the best of times, and I'd hate for it to become any lighter...
    Every thought you produce, anything you say, any action you do, it bears your signature.
    -- Thich Nhat Hanh

@Ajm5983 . . . . Please don't (.____.) You know, what makes me more sad than a thread with no replies? A thread with no replies but likes . . . why can't people write down their opinion and discuss things instead of pressing just a like button and go on to the next story? Where is the fun in that? People more and more forget how to talk with each other, meeting people without meeting them (inet only) etc. Maybe i'm to oldschool in that regard, but this really makes me sad . . . and angry at the same time!
    You Wanna Be My Bitch? SMELL MY FEET! *Ooohohohohohoho*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJ0tx2XO5y0

Fledgling Footsniffer
    I understand what both of you are saying And I do not disagree with you, I just don't agree with you specifically for the Den, which is unlike typical forums. Most people join a forum to discuss and learn about a shared interest And even in a typical "safe for work" forum there can be more lurkers than actual participating members.

But this forum is obviously different, and I think you should have more perspective. I can't say for 100% sure, but I'd think I can accurately say that a large portion of the DOSF join for the content with no intention of participating. Having a fetish for smelly feet is something we all share, but discussing and giving/receiving advice about it is not for everyone. I understand a forum by nature is for the purpose of group discussion. But this forum has content; masturbatory content, and very specific content at that. For many it's just a stop along the way of finding something arousing to get some release. And I really can't imagine members who share content and post and respond would participate less just because posts could be "liked". Don't be so old school! It's 2017! "Liking" posts is everywhere. And it COULD even encourage MORE participation. For that never ending quest of having "x" amount of likes and wear it like a badge of honor, only to attempt to outdo yourself the next time around. Think about it.

So I really don't think "liking" a story or picture or video would drive members to participate less. I really do think it encourage the more quiet members to easily participate more. I think it would also be very very helpful in gauging what is being well received, and vice versa. It would also encourage the posters to continue to share quality content, just like a boss saying "good job" encourages an employee. And 300 views with no "likes" might also be helpful too. To let the poster know that this content is not being well received.

Another factor is curiosity, and I would love to know how much other people like or dislike something I did or didn't like; to see if I'm with the majority or not that is. Plus- aren't you guys extremely curious to see how appealing loisgriffinfeet's drawings are to the masses? I am. ������������