Thread: "This site may have been hacked"

Fledgling Footsniffer

"This site may have been hacked"

Hello,

Recently when I have searched up the Den on Google, when it appears there is a small warning that shows underneath it stating that the website may have been hacked. Since this notice appeared, every time I click on the Den to open it, it begins to load and then takes me to some Filestore.com page full of adverts, causing me to back out to Google. If I click on the Den a second time, it loads to the correct site without fail.

While this is not a major issue, only a minor annoyance really, I thought it best to point it out in case others were having this issue. Also, this is the only website that this problem occurs with, so I have narrowed down that it is not something with my internet in general.

Yeah, same thing happens to me occasionally. I'll check with Ergle....
    "I'm from trouble"

Um... I've never seen the "your site may have been hacked" sign... but I can replicate the behaviour you describe.

Google "footsniffing" and click on the first link that appears. You get redirected to some malware.

Do it again, you don't. Clear your cookies, do it again, and it does it again.

I've been doing some research and I think I know what's going on.

Thank you for the info - I'll get Schoolmat to look at this ASAP.
    Every thought you produce, anything you say, any action you do, it bears your signature.
    -- Thich Nhat Hanh

Fledgling Footsniffer
    The "This site may be hacked" notice only appeared on my Google Chrome browser, which I assume was because it detected malware would appear when it opened. It was there for a few weeks and has now disappeared, but the advertisements and different site location still continue.

I hope you can find a fix for it, and hopefully it is nothing major!

Fledgling Footsniffer
    Apparently that posted twice