My daughter who is now 4 is clearly into feet. She wants to make people smell hers and she wants to smell other peoples as well. But here is the problem. I hate it. And I know that makes me a hypocrite.

Just recently out the blue she asked me if I liked stinky socks. I told her I didn't but she was sure I did. I'm lying but I have no clue how else to go about this. When she tries to put her foot into my face it honestly repulses me. I know it isn't that serious and I'm trying to not make a fuss.

The other day I tried to joke with her. I took off my shoes and said my feet stink while pinching my nose. She did the same thing and then asked me if I wanted to smell hers. I know her comments are innocent and one day she may make some someone very happy. But it seems I might have to deal with these comments for at least a few more years and I really don't know how to best handle it. My only idea is to take a deep breath and try to redirect her into something else. What I don't want to do is make her feel weird. And I also don't want to lie to her either.

Is this type of stuff in any of the parenting guides?