1. This forum speaks English. Occasional sentences in a foreign language for purposes of parody or some other vaguely sensible reason (use your discretion) are fine, but repeated/insistent posting in a foreign language is not allowed.
2. A certain standard of language is expected here. Text speak and childish abbreviations are not welcome and neither are people who use them. Learn to spell, learn to string a sentence together, and learn how to be coherent. If you have something to say and it's worth saying, say it well or don't say it. (Again, use your discretion - "lol" isn't going to get you in trouble - but "heh LOL ROFLMAO wtf u talkin sht dis iz gay d00d u suk DIK faggit face" most emphatically will.) Nobody expects perfection, but do the best you can.
3. If you want to advertise to this community, you must participate in this community. This does NOT mean you can join up, post "hi!" in some unrelated thread, and then start spamming us with ads. It means you have a make an effort. It means you're a member of the community FIRST and in being so you earn the right to advertise in a respectful, limited manner. If your debut post is an advert - overt or otherwise - it will be your last.
4. We are not a piracy forum. This isn't a place to find, trade, or discuss other methods of acquiring stolen content. By all means, post sample clips and pictures, content from dead sites, or content you have produced yourself or otherwise have a right to distribute. Don't ask for pirated stuff, don't tell people where to find pirated stuff, and don't directly advocate piracy.
5. Criticise all you like... but be courteous. Criticism is welcome - bad manners aren't.
6. Keep your nose out of arguments that don't concern you - in addition to being very annoying, it's also usually a deliberate (and somewhat transparent) attempt at starting or exacerbating trouble - white-knighting and trolling won't fool anybody, least of all me.
7. This is not a democracy; the Administrator's decision is final. If you disagree with how you've been treated by a moderator or an administrator, feel free to query it - in a courteous manner - but ultimately if you don't like the answer you get, your choice is to a) live with it or b) sod off. It's as simple as that. Though we are always happy to hear alternative viewpoints, when it comes right down to it... what we say goes. If you can't live with this, please feel free to join the Mousepad and whine about how Kim Jong Ergle violated your God-given right to freedom of speech. Good luck with that one.
8. Keep bigotry out of the Men's Feet and Transsexual forums, and off DOSF in general. If you don't like those topics, don't read those forums.
9. Post in the correct sections, please. It's not rocket science; pictures go in the pictures forum, videos go in the videos forum, discussion goes in the discussion forum, etc, etc. Think before you hit that "post" button. If you don't think before posting, I won't think before banning.
10. When posting stories, please spare a bit of time to polish them... nobody wants to read pages and pages of "THIS ISA STORIE ABOWT MY WIEFS SWETY FEET MY WIEF HAS SEXY TOSE SHE WENT TO WORKAND WWEAR OLD SOCKTINGS ANDCAMED HOME SAYS TO ME SMELL MY FET I SAY OK I SMELL YORE FEAT NOW OH THEYARE SMELY MY DICK GET STIFF OH YEAHBABY JUST LIEK THAT SMEL MY TOSE GOOD SMLL BITWEAN MY TOSE AND THEN I CUMED ON HER TOSE THE END".
11. If you get banned, that means you did something that makes us not want you here any more. It doesn't mean you should immediately rejoin with a different username then post a thread entitled "WHY THE FUCKING SHITHOLES WAS I BANNED FROM YOUR HOMOPOOFTER FORUM FOR JERKS???".
12. [Redundant and removed.]
13. DO NOT JOIN IF YOU ARE UNDER 18. This is a mature forum for adult audiences which deals with mature topics as well as sexually graphic writing, video, and images. Should we discover that you're under 18, you'll get an immediate and permanent ban. This is for your protection AND ours.
14. If somebody is harassing you by PM and you've asked them to stop and they're ignoring you, or they're making you uncomfortable and you feel unable to ask them to stop... send a message to any moderator in the strictest confidence and the offender will be strongly dealt with. Your identity will not be shared with the perpetrator, all parties will receive a fair hearing, and the whole process will be conducted with the utmost discretion... At the same time, you can be assured that troublemakers will be dealt with, using the harshest possible penalties. (If something's wrong and you don't tell us, we don't know - we're not telepathic - and we never have and never will read or otherwise monitor your personal communications.)
15. If somebody says they don't want to receive PMs... don't PM them! We can take away your PM facility at any time.
16. This is a female-friendly place - we respect women and we welcome them most warmly to our community. Do not assume that just because somebody is a woman that they want to talk dirty, post pictures of their feet or any other body part, exchange personal messages, or invite you over to theirs for thirty days and thirty nights of smelly feet debauchery. If somebody explicitly indicates that they're OK with any of the above, do what you like. If you're talking to somebody and they decide they don't want to talk to you any more - for whatever reason - respect that and let them be.
17. If you conduct some financial transaction with a DOSF member and they bugger off with your money, or you're not happy with the goods, or they send you a box of dog shit instead of the stinky socks you were after... we can't do anything about it - we can't get your money back and since we have no way of verifying claims and counterclaims, we can't impose sanctions on the member who has allegedly wronged you. Feel free to moan about them on the forum - but staff will not get involved in any official capacity; we will not be held responsible in any way whatsoever for anything related to your transaction - and the party you are complaining about will have an absolute right to reply. Be it on your own head.
18. If you arrange to meet up with a DOSF member in real life, and the sexy smelly-footed nymphette you wanted to meet turn out to be Donald Trump, or they give you HIV, steal your car, or shoot your dog... we're very sorry it didn't work out for you but again, it's got nothing to do with us and we accept no responsibility. WE CANNOT HELP YOU. If you're going to meet up with a stranger you met on the internet, pick a safe and public place, tell somebody where you're going and with whom, keep your mental faculties acute - don't get completely wurlitzered and wake up the next day on a park bench five hundred miles from home, minus your wallet, with a dead raccoon up your arse. BE CAREFUL. Be smart, be safe. You will be tempted to think with your dicks (or vaginas) - and that is a sure-fire recipe for disaster and pain.
19. If you need to change your username for any reason, let us know - we can sort it out for you. This is no problem but please TELL US (use the Contact Us option) if you want to do it. Please don't just make another account.
20. If you have some condescending opinion about the way we're running this forum and think you know a way we could be doing it better, please THINK CAREFULLY before you start writing. If we want opinions, we will solicit them. Constructive, useful, polite comments ("Have you considered having a forum about teddy bears / It might be better if we merge X and Y sections", etc) are very, very welcome at any time. Crap like "You suck, you stupid moderators. Why don't you do it like this, fuckface?" etc, will get you banned. I'm sure you can tell the difference between the two and phrase yourself appropriately.
21. If a woman signs up and posts pictures of her feet, this is not an invitation for you to send her long and detailed messages about your cock and how her pictures provided you with masturbatory encouragement. She's just sharing pictures. Be respectful and keep the overtly sexual comments inside your head unless she has made it clear she's OK with that sort of thing.
22. Most of DOSF staff are from the United Kingdom. This means there is an inevitable bias towards British English. Sorry if you don't understand something... but rather than moaning about how everybody should learn "American" (and getting an earful from a pissed-off moderator) why not avail yourself of the limitless knowledge of the internet? Bloody well Google it and stop causing trouble
23. If you piss all over the rules and get banned, don't send a message to support feigning ignorance and begging to know what you've done wrong. In the best circumstances, you'll be ignored - and if the admin who picks up your message is feeling particularly feisty you'll probably get a mouthful of abuse in return. It's your responsibility to learn about the rules before you join. You tick a box that says you did. If you just ticked the box regardless, well, we know that nobody actually reads terms and conditions - they just scroll to the bottom and click "I agree" to get to the good stuff... but it still makes you an idiot, and a liar.
24. If you want to leave DOSF for whatever reason, just go away and stop coming to the forum. It's very easy, really. Accounts will not be removed unless demanded by a court order. Messages received asking for accounts to be removed will be deleted unread. (If you theorise that we're just saying this to be bastards - we're not; there is an actual reason.Account deletion messes up the SQL database - it takes a long time to sort out and whilst the database cleanup is underway, the forum runs incredibly slowly.)
25. No pay-per-click / affiliate programme links in forum signatures, please. You can link to sites you like - and if you're a recognised contributor you can link to sites you run and which has stuff for sale but if you (or somebody else) make money from the click itself it's not permitted. Do this once, and you'll get a warning. Guess what happens the second time...?
26. Pursuant to 25... If you are putting links in your signature, you must make it clear what people are getting when they click. Do not obfuscate links to lure people into clicking stuff they didn't want to see. If you post an obfuscated link which leads to something unrelated or offensive, you will receive a permanent ban. If the link leads to viruses and/or malware, you get the permanent ban and we also report you to the police.
27. No clip trading. Post a thread trying to do it and you will receive a seven day ban and permanent loss of personal messaging privileges. Do it again for a permanent ban.
28. If you piss off your favourite mistress, prostitute, or "massage therapist" and she tells you she doesn't want to entertain you any more, don't seek revenge by spamming the forum with her personal details. Do so and you get yelled at, banned, and reported to the police.
29. If I piss you off and you respond by calling me a limey, pom, crumpet-stuffer, teabag, Tony Blair, Scottish, or any other piece of offensive terminology... nice try, but you' gon get banned.
30. Keep your usernames tasteful. Swear-words, ethnic slurs, etc, are not permitted.
31. Keep images in signatures tasteful (as a rule, soft-core as an absolute maximum - feet are fine... erections, pussies, assholes, and ejaculate are not) and at a reasonable size.
32. If you get yourself a temporary ban for something, it is only common decency to address your ban on your return and offer due apologies for the behaviour that resulted in your ban in the first place. It is bad manners to simply come back and resume business as usual. You don't just serve your time and come back; you need to have learned your lesson and you need to acknowledge that you know why you were banned and will not pursue that kind of behaviour again in the future. If the first post you make on returning from a period of ban does not address the ban in a suitably humble manner ("You fucking assholes banned me, WHY?!!!!!" is not acceptable), your ban will be reinstated and made permanent.